Sunday, November 19, 2006

Cheap, or Educated?

Let me pose a question: what’s the difference between someone who is cheap, and someone who isn’t? I’ve been called cheap a number of times, but I have to disagree. Just because I won’t buy that sweater if it’s not on sale, does that make me cheap?

My theory is simple: I’ll pay what it’s worth to me—simple supply and demand. Or…I’ll never pay full price for something at Banana Republic, as I know that they turn over inventory every 7.5 weeks. So odds are that $50 pullover I want will be $34.99 or less in a few weeks’ time.

Am I cheap, or just an educated consumer? The one thing that I won’t skimp on is an experience, and especially travel. As my dad likes to say, they can’t take memories away from you (or those with whom you shared them). That’s my take; what’s yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What if they performed a partial lobotomy on you. Then wouldn't they have taken memories away?